800 N. Garfield Ave, Loveland, CO 80537 (970) 667-3190
The Reading Clinic, Inc.
The Reading Clinic, Inc. in Loveland, CO offers tutoring in reading, writing, study skills, and math.
Frequently Asked Questions...
Q: As a parent, how do you know of your child needs help with his/her reading?
A: Your child will most likely benefit from an instructional program at the Reading Clinic if he or she:
• Avoids or dislikes reading.
• Has difficulty completing classroom assignments.
• Reads very slowly.
• Has difficulty recognizing words or substitutes words while reading.
• Does not consistently remember what he/she has read.
• Does not thoroughly comprehend what he/she has read.
Q: Would a middle school or high school student benefit from the program?
A: Older students can benefit by working on the following types of skills:
• Strategies for reading in the content areas.
• Techniques for expanding vocabulary knowledge.
• Practice in literary skills required for understanding short stories and novels.
• Rate improvement.
• Study skills.
• Preparation for college entrance exams.
Q: Does the Reading Clinic also help a student to improve his/her writing proficiency?
A: Yes, the Clinic also provides support in developing writing skills. A writing program at the Clinic may also include instruction in:
• Basic mechanics such as sentence structure and punctuation.
• Spelling improvement.
• Editing skills.
• Various paragraph, essay, and story formats.
• Tips for planning and organizing the written piece.
Q: Are Instructors at The Reading Clinic Licensed?
A: All Instructors at The Reading Clinic, Inc. hold current Teaching Licenses. Find out more about an Instructor by clicking on their photo below.